Spices are key

September 14, 2011

Spicy Chicken Curry

What's for dinner? Mmmm Indian! This is a recipe I played around with and made perfect. If you don't like spicy food simply omit the jalapeno. You can also get creative and add green peppers ect. Enjoy!

What you need:

  • 3 bay leaves        
  • 2 t. coriander seeds crushed       
  • 1 med. onion          
  • dash cinnamon        
  • dash nutmeg
  • s&p to taste         
  • 6 garlic cloves (I really love garlic though)     
  • 1 can chicken broth
  • 1 hot jalapeno
  • 2 T vegetable oil
  • 3/4 t. cumin        
  • 2-3 chicken breasts diced       
  • 3 T curry powder             
  • 2 medium potatoes diced & peeled         

In food processor combine onion, garlic, jalapeno, cumin, cinnamon & nutmeg. Heat vegetable oil in large skillet & add onion mixture, curry powder and brothfor 4-5 minutes. Add chicken, potatoes, bay leaves and S&P. Bring to boil-simmer for approx. 30 minutes.

Serve over basmati brown rice (I cook rice with a chicken bouillon, a little butter & a bay leaf for a little more flavor)

Serves 2-4 people. (2 if you have a hungry husband who loves your cooking) YUM :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good! I've never cooked Indian food before....I might give it a try!

    ReplyDelete